Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Ruston Today...Berlin Tomorow

Departure - Ruston:  
Well there's no turning back I'm going to Berlin for a month.  Day one started off with catching a ride with Lindsay family to DFW airport, but there was a only one catch in this trip...two text books and an elaborate plan.  It all started with Lindsay's sister Emery picking my up from Ruston to go to Haughton to go to a dentist office to go to a restaurant named Pepe's.  Which happens to be a family favorite from what I here. Then from there a transition from one car to another was made and good byes were exchanged.  Next stop DFW...or so I thought.  We had to make a side trip to target, which in its self became an adventure of Texas to pick up some unmentionables. Needless to say the drive was eventful.

 














Arrival - Berlin:
Finally after one road trip and two flights Berlin is on the radar.  To be completely honest I had no idea of what to expect.  All I knew is that I wanted to go.  So my expectations of what it would be like to cross into another country was completely shattered.  There was no barbed wire fence, nor a man holding an aka 47 asking for my passport, nor a gated turn style  with a landmine field in front of it, but rather a grumpy man who looks as if he hates the very essence of life.  As I got my passport stamped I preceded to  the baggage claim which was on the other side of the booth where the grumpy man was located who checked my passport.  The class gathered up and waited on our individual luggage where we all began to chatter and carry on about what was going to happen when it was time to go through customs.  Turns out customs was an automated, sliding glass door , which consisted of roughly 8-12 steps in a smaller room that was partitioned off from baggage claims and the rest of the airport.  Once in customs, where apparently no one works,  you walked out through another automated, sliding glass door door into the joyous freedom of Germany.  Next the bus ride...All I have to say never stand in the accordion portion of the bus.

3 comments:

  1. Such a great experience for you son, I hope you have the time of your life. Post some photos!!!

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hellerrr! Your moma needs some pictures...including a couple with her boy included.

    We moms love proof that our children are alive and well!

    Tell Trey his mom says hi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Note to Kyle's mom...Lindsey's blog has a picture of our peeps...alive and well. Barely. Hopefully they'll take the stairs from now on, rather than the cliff sliding method...

    Ya think we could arrange a Tech Students Mom's Trip to Berlin?...

    ReplyDelete